Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Passion for Scrapbooking

I developed my passion for scrapbooking when I was in high school, yes way back then. Of course we didn't have the elaborate embellishments or the beautiful papers we have now but, it was scrapbooking.

When my children started to fill my home I took pictures of everything they did, everywhere we went, but by now like most people I wasn't scrapbooking because I didn't have the time. So most of my pictures would end up in shoe boxes in my closets.

As my children got older and grand children started arriving, I started scrapbooking again, by now the scrapbooking industry was developing and oh what a wonderful time I would have creating these beautiful pages about my family, with short stories describing the events.

Now here we are ten years later and the scrapbooking industries has made leaps and bounds! There are so many wonderful products now, there is something for every style, occassion.
I feel so very priviledge to be able to do this for my family, you see when I look at pictures from when my mother and father were young and rising their family they took many pictures, but there are no little stories to tell me and my children what was happening and who are the people in the photos.

So this is why I get such joy from scrapbooking, I am making history books for my children and their children- so that they know where they come from and who they are.

No comments: