Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Snow Fall

Well it seems that father winter couldn't wait to drop some snow down on us. We woke up yesterday to a winter wonderland. It reminded me of the many Thanksgivings we had with snow. We haven't had that in many years, but I think this year we will. I happen to be one of those folks that loves the snow, it makes everything so clean and beautiful. It puts me in holiday mode.  I've been working on thanksgiving goodies since last Friday, I got my whole family going, we were all around the table working on packaging our traditional thanksgiving fare, when my daughter starting reminiscing of the times when my mother hosted the cooking and all my sisters (8) gathered around her table, she described it as an assembly line and all the kidding and playing . I was so happy that she has those memories and that she was telling it to my granddaughter (her daughter) like a story. My cup runneth over.   

Fostering Family traditions is so valuable, leaving a legacy for the generations that follow me is the most awesome responsibility~ one that I hold dear, with pride. I am my families memory keeper <3 be well and I hope that you have your own traditions to hand down to the generation that follow you.

No comments: